Here’s the latest in the world of Jones:
- So, it’s been a little over a week since we made our Big News public (see below). It really was a weight off to make that public.
- We told the staff last Tuesday afternoon at staff lunch. That was probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I told them I would have to read the letter to them or I wouldn’t get through it. I was doing okay until I hit the the thank you’s….then it went straight to ugly crying LOL. When you’ve invested so much of your life in a place and had some incredible people invest in yours, it’s incredibly emotional making the break. It was a hard day but a good day.
- The reaction we’ve gotten from most people has been very positive. In fact, no one has been negative…to our faces anyway 😉
- Since I met with Phillip in May, I’ve had a few “What have we done moments”. Most of those are times when I briefly forget that God’s got this. The fact of the matter is that if our security is in anything other than Christ, it is misplaced…even for those that work for a church full time.
- Found out in my research for getting ready to make the jump to being self employed that more businesses are started during economic downturns than any other time. For us, we’re not starting from scratch but rather building on what we’ve been developing over the last decade.
- Wow, is this is a bad housing market or what? For sellers anyway. I’ve been surprised that we haven’t had an offer yet on our home, although in this economy it’s not a total shock. The only thing that concerns me is taking advantage of the low interest rates right now. Just hope we don’t go to buy a home and the rates have jumped up.
- I think as I look ahead, one of the biggest challenges is which projects to begin with, other than the current and ongoing work we have with our clients. I’ve also been thinking a lot about what my work week will look like.
- My hope is to establish an office presence in Aiken (which that’s looking good right now) and then also in the Augusta/North Augusta area. We’ll see what happens with that.
- I’m looking forward to football and fall weather but that has been on my mind a lot less than in previous years. September 1st is approaching fast.
- That’s all for now. l8r
Have a comment to add?