Been a while since I’ve blogged, with any consistancy anyway. Here’s the latest in the world of Jones:
- This past Sunday I preached at the Banks Mill campus at CCC. It had been close to a year since I preached last due mainly to having to focus on multi-site media development. Was good to speak again.
- Felt pretty raw at times during the message. As I shared in my message, it has been brewing for a while out of all that’s been going on in my life. Came out of some things that I’ve been through….and still going through.
- Had a chance to speak at Christian Heritage Church in Graniteville last Wednesday to some students there. Bobby and Angie Sanders are good friends that go there and invited me to speak. Love them and their heart for students.
- Whatever happened to lazy summer days? It has been flat out non stop this summer.
- We’re about 3 to 4 weeks from launching our second multi-site campus at CCC: Cedar Creek – On The Ridge. The campus is located in Ridge Spring-Monetta. They have been meeting in small groups for a while, but we’re about wrap up the building for Sunday worship. I’m going to post some photos of the new campus later on this week probably.
- Am seriously ready for football. UGA starts off the season playing Oklahoma State in Stillwater, OK. Let the big DAWG eat! 🙂 Can’t wait to be HERE.
- I think Kim is ready for the kids to go back to school. Spencer got bored today so he just started breaking the heads off of his army men…yeah, he does best with some structure. Although, we use to blow them up with fireworks so I can’t really talk.
- Saddened seeing so many people that I know seem to be struggling in their marriages. People that you “never would have thought” would have gotten divorced are exactly there. Been thinking through ways to strengthen my own because of it. Wes mentioned this book so I grabbed a couple of copies for Kim and I today on Amazon.
- My A/C in my car doesn’t work except when it wants to. Not fun when you’re about to hit August.
- All for now.
Have a comment to add?