Been a week or so since my last mind dump so here’s the latest in the world of Jones.
- Kim and I had a chance to get away last weekend to North Georgia. It was just the two of us. Had a great time doing a whole lot of nothing. Awesome!
- We took the opportunity to worship on Sunday morning at Oak Leaf Church in Cartersville, GA. They meet in a movie theater and are blowing it up! They are already at 4 services. Pretty interesting in that they stagger worship times which allows them to get 4 services in. They are currently renovating an old bar called The House of Rock and will be moving there once their renovations are complete. Love seeing how churches doing Sunday morning in portable settings. OLC is doing it with much excellence.
- We’re taking the kids to Disney in April. I think Kim and I are about as geeked up about it as they are. We’re in the process of planning out our plan of attack for the parks. Probably going to spend a couple of days at the Magic Kingdom. Still considering Universal Studios.
- Oh, and by the way, that sucking noise you hear….is our money going down the drain as we pay for the tickets. I will never complain about the cost to go to Six Flags or Carowinds again 🙂
- 40 Days of Blogging has been a lot of fun. 40 Days is up next Tuesday, but my plan of attack from here on out is at least one post per day.
- NCAA Bball tournament is here, and I love it! Next to college bowl season, it’s probably my favorite sports-times of the year. Now if only the DAWGS can get a decent new coach and return to it. We’ll see.
- Looks like the On the Ridge campus will be launching sometime around May, but there’s just no definite date as of yet. Still ALOT to be done as we retrofit/renovate the building. Our lighting and media vendors are on hold until the electrical happens.
- Speaking of multi site, finally heard back from the guy we’re hoping to give us the solution for live streaming. We’ll see how that goes.
- Had another fun week in medical field. Yet another “abscess” visit to the ER and then to my surgeon to have it dealt with. ER is a very interesting place..not fun, but interesting. I think I’ve spend a total of 6 hours just waiting over the past two days. Doing much better now. Just discovering that I’m allergic to some antibiotics…fun 🙂
- Don’t know if I’ve shared the linkage to one of my closest friends, but Brent Cline is now blogging.
- That’s about it for now….peace.
Have a comment to add?