Here’s an update on things from the world of Jones:
- I’m about to enter my 4th full week of being on my own in my businesses. I’ve had several people ask me “how’s it going?” It’s going well as we’re still adapting to the new setup. I’ve been spending the first several weeks beginning to network more and do a lot of laying the ground work for business down the road. Still a ways to go on that, but I think that it will pay off. Not huge on the cash flow end of things but a necessity in building for the future.
- The rest of the time has been spent on finishing up on some existing projects that got put on the backburner because of the time demands in transitioning out of Cedar Creek. In other words, I’ve been playing catchup on those items. We’ve wrapped several projects this week so I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I’ll be posting about those here and on my facebook/twitter accounts.
- We’re also starting to piece together our video production equipment for shoots. The next step after that is to develop some script ideas and begin to move them from ideas to execution.
- I know it’s early on and there will be times where it will be difficult, but as I’ve been working for myself over the past month, I have no doubt that we made the right decision. I’ve been putting in a lot of hours (some late), trying to network more, dreaming a lot, working to meet deadlines….. and I’m really loving what I’m doing. It’s been a long time since I could honestly say that. I’m very thankful for that.
- The housing market in Aiken, like most places I believe, is REALLY slow right now so not a whole lot of action on our home selling. October offers a little more promise so we’ll see how things go. Really looking forward to selling our home and moving into that next phase of our ongoing transition 🙂
- Totally random: we’ve been doing the song below at church for the last month or so. Has really spoken to me and where we are. Good stuff.
- Excited for the days ahead.
Have a comment to add?