I’m having to dust the cob webs off of this puppy as it has been so long since I posted anything. That’s what happens when things happen really fast, and you’re doing good just to hang on 🙂
Much has happened in the life of my family since my last blog post. Here’s the latest on the world of Jones and some commentary on it:
- In November we finally got a contract on our house in Aiken. We feel very blessed in that so many home sales fall through for one reason for another, but the sale of our home made it through. It ended up taking right at 6 months or so to sell which isn’t too bad at all.
- With a contract on our home, we started looking for a new house in North Augusta. We were wanting to move to North Augusta for a number of reasons including we love the place, wanted to get more central to the rest of the CSRA (for those outside of this area, that stands for the Central Savannah River Area and includes areas in both Georgia and SC), and wanted to be closer to our new church community at True North. So, we started looking around and didn’t find anything. We had pretty much began to think we would end up renting until the spring. We had two homes on a Sunday that we were scheduled to look at. The second house we went to look at was the one we ended up purchasing. We love the space and the location in North Augusta and are working right now on a number of remodeling projects.
- We ended up closing on both homes December 20th which as you can imagine had a number of challenges. Moving is hard enough. Moving during the Christmas season is borderline insanity. Yet, that’s the way it worked out, and we ended up making it through. We’re still wading through the boxes, but it’s getting less and less.
- Business is going well overall right now as we’re working with a number of previous and new clients. Excited for the coming months for both Alive Media and 4Thought.
- It’s been right at a year since we began praying and planning where we thought we were headed. This time last year, we began to put down on paper where we wanted to be in life a year from now. We were specific as we could be in some areas of that plan and general in others. The order in which things happened changed a bit, but it’s amazing to me to look back and see that almost every single one of those goals has been achieved. That’s a testament to the grace of God.
- My encouragement to you would be to not just have a goal in mind but to actually put it down on paper. Type it out, be specific as specific as you can, set out a plan of action and move forward in taking steps to accomplish it. Spend some time in prayer as you do that and ask God to give you wisdom and direction. Then, share your plan with a trusted friend or two that will 1. Keep it in confidence and 2. Be real with you and give you honest feedback both positive and negative.
- That’s it for now. Gotta go….there’s a box of stuff calling my name to be unpacked still. l8r