Last year at UNLEASH I checked in at Tony Morgan’s breakout session on blogging. He was hitting 10 tips on being an effective blogger. Thought I’d recap those here:
- Determine your primary audience. Who are you speaking to. Who is it for?
- Post regularly. Need to post almost daily. Share your life. Invite dialogue.
- Keep your post short. People are busy and want quick hits. Bullet points are good.
- Don’t sell yourself. be honest, real and use stories. People flee from people who act like they have it all together.
- Use humor. Be careful here. Self deprecating, not digs at other people.
- Stop attacking other people and ministries. Do people know you for what you are for or what you are against?
- Remember that blogging isn’t private. Some things are for public, some things are not. If in doubt, ask someone you trust to look it over first.
- Be a thought leader. People want to hear your story.
- Don’t listen to all of your critics.
- Reveal the real you. What is your passion? What are you passionate about?
Have a comment to add?